What are The Types of Interpretation?
A language interpreter is a professional who facilitates communication between individuals who speak different languages. Interpreters are trained to interpret spoken or signed language from one language to another, ensuring that both parties can understand and communicate with each other effectively.
Interpreting can be done in a variety of settings and situations, including:
1. Business meetings: Interpreters may be needed to facilitate communication between parties speaking different languages in business settings, such as negotiations or presentations.
2. Legal proceedings: Interpreters may be needed in courts, depositions, or other legal proceedings to ensure that non-English speaking individuals understand their legal rights and obligations.
3. Medical settings: Interpreters may be needed in hospitals, clinics, or other medical settings to facilitate communication between doctors and patients who speak different languages.
4. Conferences: Interpreters may be needed at conferences, seminars, or other events where there is a multilingual audience.
5. Diplomacy and international relations: Interpreters may be needed in diplomatic settings, such as during negotiations between governments or in international organizations like the United Nations.
6. Social services: Interpreters may be needed in social service settings, such as when working with immigrants or refugees who may not speak the local language.
7. Entertainment and media: Interpreters may be needed in entertainment and media settings, such as for interviews with non-English speaking celebrities or for translating subtitles for foreign films.
In GP Outsourcing Asia Sdn Bhd, all the interpreters remotely, using technology such as video conferencing to provide interpretation services. Interpreting requires strong language skills, cultural awareness, and the ability to think and react quickly. Interpreters must also adhere to ethical standards of conduct and maintain confidentiality in their work. The main task of the interpreter is handling professional calls (e.g insurance, legal, utilities, etc.) on-demand and acting as a language mediator between English-speaking and Mandarin/Cantonese- speaking persons. This role involves complex and technical subjects in Healthcare, Government, Insurance, Finance, Utilities, Travel and Hospitality, 911 emergency services, Law Enforcement, Courts, and General Business.
We are actively seeking talented multilingual speakers. Are you able to speak more than 2 languages? If yes, then come work with us. Don’t forget to get in touch with us right away if you enjoy speaking many languages and want to work with us to advance your career.