Tips on How to Use Linkedin Effectively during your Job Search
The most popular professional social networking site is without a doubt, LinkedIn. It's the preferred location to network and hunt for job opportunities as a professional or student!
The problem is that if you hardly ever update your profile and you're not taking full advantage of what LinkedIn can do for you. The following practical advice will help you make the most of LinkedIn to grow your professional network and get your dream job.
1. Maintain an up-to-date profile. Members of LinkedIn who have a profile photo and list their skills are more likely to get page views than those who don't. If you want your dream companies to notice you, make sure to regularly update your profile, add a profile photo, and highlight your notable skills. There are more than 45,000 skills available on LinkedIn to help you enhance your profile.
2. Describe your goals and existing skills in detail. Don't leave any information about your present talents or goals out of your LinkedIn profile to make sure you're using it to get a job effectively. If it makes sense, use your title to describe your major goal and list all of your abilities on your page. You don't want it to appear that you haven't updated your page recently because that could cause employers and recruiters to ignore you.
3. Emphasize current experience. Particularly when you're actively interacting with contacts and businesses to obtain a job, you want your recent experience to be obvious to everybody who visits your page.
4. Update your headline. People only see your photo, name, and headline when they conduct a search. Your headline should be catchy and emphasise who you are and the kind of job you're looking for.
5. Alert people of your availability. If you have the opportunity to let people know you're looking for work, do so. Make the statement in your headline.
6. Build your network. Your exposure and access to other connections can both rise dramatically thanks to your connections. Thanks to the contact list import feature, LinkedIn makes it simple to connect with individuals you know.